LLVM-based compilers are very complex pieces of software. Mapping a programming language on hardware is one thing. Allowing average software engineers to be efficient is another.
We’re seeking a mix of LLVM-frontend and LLVM-backend developers to build, extend and improve a compiler for professional GPUs.
On our blog we described how it is to work at Stream HPC by discussing its history, the team, the projects, the work style and the city. Read it here: https://streamhpc.com/blog/2018-08-23/what-does-it-mean-to-work-at-stream-hpc/
- Know the ins and outs of LLVM (i.e. have multiple years of proven experience)
- Great with C and C++
- Open Source developer
- Affinity with GPUs and HPC
Nice to have:
- experience with FORTRAN
- experience with OpenMP
- like in the usual SW developer job-ads: 10 to 20 years of experience programming all systems of the Space Shuttle and the main developer of a well-known software suite, while preferably under 25.
We offer a place where people cheer rather than frown upon tasks labelled ‘complex’. As a team we solve very hard problems and have a continuous goal to make software that is faster than anything out there.
There is test-out period is up to 3 months before moving to Amsterdam, if from outside the EU. This is because we’re a group of people on top of a company culture, not machines that can be configured to have compatibility.
To apply send your motivational letter, CV and some relevant code (i.e. Github/Gitlab). The procedure after first contact is as follows:
- Your application is quickly assessed. We sent you our first impression (yes, no, doubt) and reasoning, so you can give feedback if we totally overlooked something.
- We have a short 20 minute talk to get to know each other.
- After that you are invited for a longer online test. You show your skills on C/C++ and algorithms. You will receive a PDF with useful feedback.
- We’ll have a technical talk on LLVM-related subjects. Optionally there is a second technical talk.
- If all goes well, you’ll have a videochat with Vincent (CEO) on personal and practical matters. You can also ask us anything, to find out if we fit you. (Around 1 hour)
- If you and the company are a fit, then you’ll go to the technical round. (About 3 hours)
- Made it to here? Expect a contract offer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org