Open positions: 2
We’ve made libraries like the open source rocPRIM and rocRAND for AMD, but also several other closed source libraries. If you like to make the compute-API that various software uses to get the maximum performance out of a GPU, then this is the job for you.
The requirements are the same as for the GPGPU-developer, but the attitude is different. The user of your software is not the end-user, but another developer – this gives more professionally crafted issues, but you will not always be credited why certain software is so fast.
On our blog we described how it is to work at Stream HPC by discussing its history, the team, the projects, the work style and the city. Read it here: https://streamhpc.com/blog/2018-08-23/what-does-it-mean-to-work-at-stream-hpc/
The requirements list:
- You are very experienced in both C and C++.
- You are experienced in OpenCL or CUDA.
- You optimized code for more than 2 architectures.
- You know several hardware architectures and it also interests you.
- You have humour/humor (Even if you’re the only one who laughs at your jokes).
- You like to learn and improve every day. You are humble about what you don’t know.
- You are happy to share code with us, that you have written yourself.
We’re seeking the GPU-developer who wants to further improve oneself, not the developers who want to learn GPGPU basics here.
There is test-out period is 3 months before moving to Amsterdam, if from outside the EU. This is because we’re a group of people on top of a company culture, not machines that can be configured to have compatibility.
To apply send your motivational letter, CV and some public code (preferably C/C++/CUDA/HIP/OpenCL). The procedure after first contact is as follows:
- After that you are invited for a longer online test. You show your skills on C/C++ and algorithms. You will receive a PDF with useful feedback. (Up to 3 hours)
- We optionally send you a GPU assignment. You need to pick out the right optimisations, code it and explain your decisions. (Hopefully under 30 minutes)
- If all goes well, you’ll have a videochat with Vincent (CEO) on personal and practical matters. You can also ask us anything, to find out if we fit you. (Around 1 hour)
- If you and the company are a fit, then you’ll go to the technical round. (2 to 3 hours)
- Made it to here? Expect an offer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com