streamhpc Stream HPC
Multiple open positions at all levels: junior (some experience in writing GPU-kernels) to senior (done complex projects in GPGPU)
We’re playfully serious. We handle serious problems, but we’re mostly active gamers.
Our job is simply building extremely fast software using the latest hardware (both GPUs and CPUs) and the most efficient HPC and GPGPU tech (CUDA, HIP, SYCL, OpenCL, MP, MPI). Besides technical skills, this takes good project management, putting most time to problem-solving and have excellent understanding of how code and data stream through the CPUs and GPUs.
For over 10 years we’ve been called on by companies world-wide to solve their HPC- and GPU-problems. We seek people who’d like to strengthen our group of GPU- and HPC-enthusiasts.
Self-assessment on where you stand
We have a full self-assessment to help you find out where you stand from Stream’s perspective. We strongly encourage to do this self-assessment, to be better prepared. It tells you also what you can expect from the job, as these are the things you will get better at when working at Stream.
Us, as your team and your employer
We’re different from most development companies, and not just in the type of work we do.
We invest in our people. We have a 4-6 month onboarding period, create personal development plans and coach each other. We allocate time & provide guidance in setting goals. You earn trust by accomplishing those goals. By understanding what is blocking somebody (skills, attitude, experience, etc), we help each other to improve. As we’re not a large corporation, we seek people who already have the right attitude for such personal and professional growth.
We do more than just coding. We are still a relatively small company, and our engineers have a say in every part of the company to improve it for the long term. This means they commit time to things that are not coding.
We like to solve problems as a team, as individuals we then don’t need to be strong in all areas. For us teamwork is having conversations about what is working, what isn’t and what to do about it. It means following up and making things happen. Occasionally it means talking about feelings.
We value openness to new experiences, to people, to feedback and especially to learning. Particularly in areas where doing so is uncomfortable. How comfortable are you dealing with the unknown?
And we do actual work most of the time. We make scientific software that performs. We are specialists in performance driven software designs, GPUs and high-end CPUs. Our clients come to us when they have a scientific computing problem to solve, build GPU-software or to build complex tools. Our initial effort focuses on understanding their needs, provide clarity on potential solution paths, and work with the customer to deliver the right solution. We then build. Every project is different.
Want to learn more about us and our culture? See https://streamhpc.com/jobs/what-does-it-mean-to-work-at-stream-hpc/
If you respond quickly for every step, you can land a job in 2 weeks.
We try to minimize the time it takes you, while also giving you enough chances to prove yourself. As we are sometimes flooded with applications, we filter out on simple things like “Did not mention CUDA, OpenCL, SYCL, GLSL, HLSL, etc” – be sure you add GPU-experience!
- You send a CV, some public code (preferably C/C++/CUDA/HIP/OpenCL) and your motivational letter/email.
- We do a quick scan of your CV and letter. (In most cases you’ll get feedback within 2 to 5 days)
- For those who are left, you do a simple online test. This is to get a grasp of your way of working and thinking, and to prepare you for the longer test. (25 minutes max)
- You will have a (video) talk with HR (30-45 minutes)
- After that you are invited for a longer online test. You show your skills on C/C++ and algorithms. Be warned this includes the ridiculous puzzles, simply because we actually use those ridiculous things (takes 2 – 3 hours)
- You’ll get a technical interview on C++ and GPGPU (2 hours)
- We’ll send you a conditional job-offer, assuming that the rest will be ok
- We now go into the long interview to be absolutely sure we are a fit, and to introduce each other in more detail (takes 3 hours)
- We check your references
Made it till here? The job-offer becomes final, and we’ll welcome you in our team! You can find more info on a special page on the application process.
So what are you waiting for? Apply for this job!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.