What do you do when faster hardware starts to get too costly in terms of maintenance costs? You can buy specialized hardware, but that increases costs and dependence on external knowledge. Or, you can choose to just wait for the results to come in, but you can only do this when the computation is not a core process.
What if you could use off-the-shelf hardware to decrease waiting-time? By using OpenCL-devices, which can be high-end graphics cards or other modern processors, software can be sped up by a factor 2 to 20. Why? Because these devices can do much more in parallel and OpenCL makes it possible to make use of that (unused) potential. A few years ago this was not possible to do in the same way it is done now; that’s probably the main reason you haven’t heard of it.
All we offer comes into three solutions: find what is available, make a parallel version of the code, and hand-tune the code for maximum performance.[pricing_tables] [pricing_table column=”one_third” title=”Specialised Libraries” buttontext=”Request a quote »” buttonurl=”https://streamhpc.com/consultancy/request-more-information/” buttoncolor=””]
- For many “good enough”
- Faster code, the easy way.
- Gives high performance for generic problems.
- Better caching can give more boost than using faster hardware
- Software running in parallel is a first step to GPU-computing
- Making the software modular when possible
- The highest performance is guaranteed
- Optimized for the targeted hardware
There are so many possibilities to speed up code, but one is the best. To help you find the right path, we offer various services.[pricing_tables] [pricing_table column=”one_third” title=”Code Review” buttontext=”More info »” buttonurl=”https://streamhpc.com/consultancy/our-services/code-review/” buttoncolor=””]
- Code-review of GPU-code (OpenCL, CUDA, Aparapi, and more).
- Code-review of CPU-code (Java, C, C++ and more).
- Report within 1 week if necessary.
- Find parallellizable computations
- Give the fitness to run on GPUs
- Report within 2 weeks
- Architecture check-up
- Data-transport measurements
- Report within 2 weeks
We can make your compute-intensive algorithms much faster and scalable. How do we do it? We can explain it all to you by phone or in person. Send in the form on this page, and we will contact you.
You can also call now: +31 6454 00 456.
We invite you to download our brochures to get an overview of how we can help you widen the bottlenecks in your software.
Want to know more? Get in contact!
We are the acknowledged experts in OpenCL, CUDA and performance optimization for CPUs and GPUs. We proudly boast a portfolio of satisfied customers worldwide, and can also help you build high performance software. E-mail us today