About a year ago this site was launched and a half year ago StreamHPC as a company was official for the Chamber of Commerce. It has been a year of hard work, but the reason for this all started after seeing the cover of a book about bore-outs. The result is there with a growing number of visitors from all over the world (from 62 countries since 23-Dec-2010) and new twitter-followers every week. Now some mixed news for 2011:
- We are soon going to release a few plugins for Eclipse, both free and paid, to simplify your development.
- 2011 will be the year of hybrid processors (Intel SandyBridge and AMD Fusion), which will make OpenCL much more popular.
- 2011 is also going to be the year of the smart-phone (prognosis: in 2011 more smart-phones will be sold than PCs). So even more OpenCL-potential.
- At 31-Dec-2010 we migrated the site to a faster server to reduce waiting-time also online.
- The book will be released in parts, to avoid more delays.
- There will be around ten (short) articles published in January. Both developers and managers will be served.
- Our goal is to expand. We have shown you our vision, but we want to show you more.
In a few words: 2011 is going to be exciting! We wish all our readers, business-partners, friends, family and (new) customers a super-accelerated 2011!
StreamHPC – we accelerate your computations