StreamHPC supports the ERSA conference, 22-25 July in Las Vegas. At that conference there will be an award given to “Best Young Entrepreneur” and I’d like you to send in a proposal. The winner gets an NVIDIA Tesla K20!
Young entrepreneurs and academics with a great product/project are invited to present their solution. As the event draws around 2000 people, you get the attention needed to show-case your new company or research-group. Your solution does not need to be based on FPGAs or GPUs, as long as Von Neumann’s architecture is not in it.
Read the information below or directly go to the ERSA-NVIDIA awards-homepage.
“Von Neumann’s architecture lasted for 75 years.”
That genius can no longer lead us into the new age of computing that is upon us. This competition seeks to acknowledge those pioneers that are helping to build the new computing landscape”
Submission of Proposals for ERSA-NVIDIA award Candidates
6 May 2013 31 May 2013 – extended deadline!
Send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Award is devoted for entrepreneurs developing tools, advanced technologies and opportunities for supporting applications, both academic and commercial, across broad area of high-performance, embedded systems implemented as multicore systems and reconfigurable heterogeneous parallel processing systems.
The Award Committee includes:
- Stanford University, USA, Prof. Michael Flynn
- Imperial College London, UK, Prof. Wayne Luk
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, Prof. Joerg Henkel
- Keio University, Japan, Prof. Hideharu Amano
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, Prof. Simon See
Leading Companies (tentative list):
- NVIDIA, Can Ozdoruk, Product Manager
- Altera, Steve Casselmanm, Principal Engineer
- National Instruments, Hugo Andrade, Principal Architect
For more info go to: http://ersaconf.org/awards/
If you have any question, just ask them in the comments or send us an email.