We’re in the program committee of the 14th IEEE eScience Conference in Amsterdam, organized by the Netherlands eScience Center. It will be held from 29 October to 1 November 2018, and the deadlines for sending the abstracts is Monday 18 June.
The conference brings together leading international researchers and research software engineers from all disciplines to present and discuss how digital technology impacts scientific practice. eScience promotes innovation in collaborative, computationally- or data-intensive research across all disciplines, throughout the research lifecycle.
We invite researchers to submit their:
- state-of-the-art computer science work and demonstrate its application in one or more scientific disciplines
- research that shows the impact of digital technology on any scientific discipline (not excluding the disciplines covered in the focused sessions)
Disciplines include, but are not limited to: life sciences, health research, forensic science, humanities, social sciences, physics, astronomy, climate, environmental science, and earth science. Digital technologies include, but are not limited to: machine learning, natural language processing, real time data analysis, inter-operability and linked data, multi-scale and multi model simulations, high performance computing, workflow technologies, visualization, and image processing.
Researchers can submit:
- A full paper to be eligible for an oral presentation. Accepted oral presentations will be assigned to one of the general eScience sessions on either the multi-track day or the single track days.
- A one-page abstract to be eligible for a poster presentation on Wednesday.
Both full papers and abstracts are peer reviewed and if accepted published in the conference proceedings. Rejected full papers will be considered for a poster presentation.
It is a requirement that at least one author of each accepted paper or abstract attends the conference.
- Abstract submission deadline: Monday 18 June 23:59 (AoE)
- Full paper submission deadline: Monday 18 June 23:59 (AoE)
- Notification of acceptance: Wednesday 15 August 2018
- Early bird registration deadline: Friday 31 August 2018
- Camera-ready papers: Monday 17 September 2018
- IEEE eScience Conference: Monday 29 October – Thursday 1 November 2018
Authors are invited to submit full conference papers (up to 10 pages excl. references) for an oral presentation using the IEEE 8.5 × 11 manuscript guidelines: double-column text using single-spaced 10-point font on 8.5 × 11 inch pages. Templates are available from http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
Authors are invited to submit a one-page abstract for a poster presentation using the same template, but limited to one page including figures and tables, excluding references.
Contributions should be submitted in PDF format to easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeeescience2018
Looking forward to read your submission for the 14th IEEE eScience Conference and to meet you here in Amsterdam!